The Romanesque church dedicated to St. Michael the Archangel is situated in the locality of Sant ‘Angelo in Colle in Montalcino, overlooking the Piazza Castello.
The first document relating to construction dates back to 1212. It has a long nave and Romanesque windows. It has undergone several renovations and currently has a stone façade with gable roof, built of travertine portal. On the back of the church are the tower of stone and brick.
Among the works that are inside on the right there is the Madonna and Child Enthroned with Saints John the Baptist, Anthony and Stephen, a fresco of the Sienese school of the first half of the fourteenth century on the left wall there Eun fresco of the Resurrection Christ in 1477 by the Sienese school, behind the altar there is a polychrome wooden crucifix of the eighteenth century, to the right the remains of a fresco of St. Leonard, a fresco of the Sienese school of the late fourteenth century on the first altar on the right, is the Ecstasy of St. Charles Borromeo Raffaello Vanni, in the second altar on the left wall we find a painting of Our Lady of the Rosary by Francesco Rustici in 1622. 360 Cities