Chapel of the Sacred Heart of Jesus Seminary
Old Chapel of the Sacred Heart of Jesus Seminary at Yongsan (now, Wonhyoro Chapel)
In 1887, the Sacred Heart of Jesus Seminary at Bueonggol was relocated and reopened in Yongsan, and its chapel (now, the Wonhyoro Chapel, Historic Site No. 521) was consecrated in 1902.
The remains of St. Andrew Kim Dae-geon (1821-1846) were here from the time of consecration until 1958, and the remains of Bishop Bruguiere (1792-1835), the first vicar apostolic of Korea, and Bishop Mutel (1854-1933), the 8th vicar apostolic of Korea, were also laid in state here.
Today, the old chapel of the seminary, which overlooks Saenamteo Shrine and Danggogae Martyrs’ Shrine, is located no the campus of the Songsim (Sacred Heart) Girls’ High School, and the old seminary (Historic Site No. 520) is currently being used as the provincial office of the Society of the Sacred Heart.Visit Korea